Our responsibilities during the major occultation (Ghaibat) of Imam Mahdi (a.t.f.s.) have been dealt with in great detail in the book, 'Mikyalul Makarem Fi Favaidid Dua lil Qaem' (a.t.f.s.) by Ayatullah Muhammad Taqi Musawi Isfahani (r.a.).
Just by looking at the responsibilities outlined in the book it should be clear to the reader that fulfilling these duties is beneficial to us and forsaking them is detrimental to our interests. We realise that executing these responsibilities is proof of our love and attachment for Imam (a.t.f.s.). Performance of action is an important indication of strength of faith. Moreover, it makes one successful in this world and the hereafter. Inshallah, we will discuss another important responsibility, which is fairly easy to observe and very beneficial. The duty is remembering Imam (a.t.f.s.) and reminding others about him (a.t.f.s.). This responsibility can be accomplished individually as well as socially.
The first step in fulfilling this duty is to increase our love towards Ahle Bait (descenant of the prophent of islam). Books are laden with traditions regarding the love of Ahle Bait (a.s.).Here, we will outline three traditions dealing with the topic:
(1) Imam Jafar Sadiq (a.s.) says:
(2) The standard for perfect faith and glad tidings on the Day of Judgement is the love of Imam Zaman (a.t.f.s.). The Holy Prophet (s.a.w.a.) declared:'(If one wishes) to have perfect faith and desires that his Islam is best, then he should love Hujjat - Sahebuz Zamana Al Muntazar (Imam-e-Zamana (a.t.f.s.)). Whoever loves them (Imams (a.s.)) and accepts their mastership, then I take guarantee from Allah, the High, for Paradise.'(Beharul Anwar, vol. 36, pg. 296)
(3) Imam Sadiq (a.s.) said to his famous companion, Dawood bin Sarhan:
'Allah knows that I don't remember (you) How do I remember you when I don't forget you.' (Mikyalul Makarem Fi Favaidid Dua Lil Qaem, vol.2,pg.308)The above couplets are an example of the tradition of Imam Moosa Kazim (a.s.) when a person asked him whether the twelfth Imam (a.s.)will be unseen? Imam (a.s.) replied:
'Yes, physically he will be unseen but his remembrance will not be absent from the hearts of the believers and he is the twelfth one from us.'(Kamaluddin WaTamamun Nemah, chap. 34, trad. No. 6)
May our lives be sacrificed for Babul Hawaij -Imam Moosa Kazim (a.s.). Most of his life was spent in worshipping Allah in the dreadful and uncomfortable prison of the Abbasides. In the above tradition, he emphasises the importance of remembering our last Imam (a.t.f.s.) at all times.
In another incident we leam the significance of remembering Imam Mahdi (a.t.f.s.). Once an old person from Syria came to Imam Jafar Sadiq (a.s.). He saluted Imam (a.s.), kissed his hand and started crying. Imam (a.s.) consoled him and asked him the reason for crying. He said: O Master! After the incident of Karbala, every day I have been anticipating that maybe today or tomorrow, this week or the next week, this month or the next month, this year or the next year, an individual from the progeny of Imam Husain (a.s.) will rise and avenge his blood. But I do not see any sign of this (rising) in you.'
After hearing this, Imam (a.s.) cried even more than the old man and said:
O lovers of the oppressed Imam (a.s.)! Oaggrieved ones for Imam Husain (a.s.) - the
'Surely we are never negligent of your affairs nor do we forget your remembrance.' After witnessing such affection on Imam's (a.t.f.s.) part, does it behove us to remember him (a.t.f.s.) only on 15th Shabaan? According to reliable traditions, our deeds are presented to Imam (a.t.f.s.) twice a week. When he (a.t.f.s.) glances at our bad deeds he (a.t.f.s.) cries intensely and supplicates to Allah that their (Shias) hearts are filled with the love of my ancestors (a.s.), therefore forgive their sins.
readers, let us resolve that from today, we will perform certain
recommended acts to remember Imam (a.t.f.s.) and through it, we will
save ourselves from the attacks of Shaitan. With this we will include
ourselves amongst those people for whom the angels seek forgiveness and
Allah prides over them. In this manner we will be under Allah's
perpetual mercy and will be included among the true lovers of Imam
Husain (a.s.) and
1) To recite Dua-e-Ahd after every morning prayer. It is narrated from Imam Jafer Sadiq (a.s.) that one who recites Dua-e-Ahad for forty mornings, then Inshallah, he will be included among the companions and helpers of Imam (a.t.f.s.) at the time of his (a.t.f.s.) reappearance. If he dies before Imam's (a.t.f.s.) reappearance, he (a.t.f.s.) will raise him from his grave. We remember Imam (a.t.f.s.) in this Dua with these beautiful words:
They (enemies) perceive your reappearance as distant but we consider it as near.'
Every Friday morning to organise an assembly for Dua-e-Nudba in the
house and/or in the locality. Nudba means intense wailing. In this Dua,
the lovers of Imam Husain (a.s.) in the condition of waiting asks
:'Where is the one who will take the revenge of the blood of the martyrs
ofKarbala ? 'I wish I had known where you are living!''May
my life be sacrificed for you, you are the desire of every believing
man and woman who has remembered you and sympathised with you.'This
supplication can also be found in Mafateehul Jinaan
3) To organise gatherings and assemblies (majaalis) wherein Imam-e-Zamana (a.t.f.s.) is remembered. Enliven the hearts of your children and believers. It is narrated in traditions that hearts are enlivened with the remembrance of Imam (a.t.f.s.) and sins are forgiven. The hearts will remain alive on that Day when all other hearts will be dead. For more details, refer Beharul Anwaar, vol. 1, pg. 200.
4) Read and
narrate the incidents of people who have met Imam-e-Zamana (a.t.f.s.) so
that the desire and love of meeting Imam (a.t.f.s.) is revived in the
hearts. A lover of Imam (a.t.f.s.) has stated beautifully:
5) As it is commanded in the last verse of Surah Aal-e-Imran, (varabetu) 'And be in contact'.Imam Jafar Sadiq (a.s.) says'Be in contact with your Imam, the Awaited One'. Day and night whenever you get the time be in contact with your Imam (a.t.f.s.).Rabetu in occultation means to always remember Imam (a.t.f.s.), to seek mediation (tawaasul) through him (a.t.f.s.) and to seek solution of all our problems through him (a.t.f.s.) only.
6) Shaikh Abu Amr has narrated 'Dua-e-Ghaibat' from Imam (a.s.). This supplication should be recited on Friday. Shaykh Abbas-e-Qummi (r.a.) has narrated in his book, 'Muntahal Aamaal' that even if no recommended action is performed on Friday then at least one should read this supplication and should never abandon it as it is prayed to have perfect belief in Imam (a.t.f.s.) in the period of occultation. This supplication can be found in Mafateehul Jinaan.
7) Before performing any action we must think whether Imam (a.t.f.s.) will be pleased with it or not?"O Allah, by the right of Hazrat Zahra (s.a.) fill our hearts with the love of Imam (a.t.f.s.) and give us the taufeeq to remember him (a.t.f.s.) and make others remember him (a.t.f.s.)."
8) In the month of Muharram or even otherwise, whenever we cry for the martyrs of Karbala and the prisoners of Ahle Bait (a.s.), we should offer our condolences to the one who will avenge the blood of Imam Husain (a.s.) and we should pray for his earliest reappearance.
9) We must celebrate the birthday of Imam (a.t.f.s.) on 15th Shabaan in such a way that people inquire about the occasion. Apart from reciting verses in praise of Imam (a.t.f.s.), we should organise other programmes so that people can increase their recognition (ma'refat) of Imam (a.t.f.s.) and attain proximity towards him (a.t.f.s.).
طبقه بندی: imam mahdi،